[cdi-dev] calling 'equals' on a proxy?

Adam Bien abien at adam-bien.com
Thu Mar 17 14:01:13 EDT 2011

There is a very good chapter about @Stateful and EJB:

Stateful Session Beans
A stateful session object has a unique identity that is assigned by the container at the time the object is created. A client of the stateful session bean business interface can determine if two business interface or no-interface view references refer to the same session object by use of the equals method.
For example,
@EJB Cart cart1; @EJB Cart cart2; ... if (cart1.equals(cart1)) { // this test must return true
} ... if (cart1.equals(cart2)) { // this test must return false
}
All stateful session bean references to the same business interface for the same stateful session bean instance will be equal. All references to the no-interface view of the same stateful session bean instance will be equal. Stateful session bean references to different interface types or between an interface type and a no-interface view or to different session bean instances will not have the same identity.

Page 53,

thanks,

adam

 eMail:  abien at adam-bien.com