[cdi-dev] Proxy implementation leaks

Mark Struberg struberg at yahoo.de
Tue May 24 15:15:38 EDT 2011

> Don't quite get this, spec requires that contexts are
> active only at particular points.

yes but imagine the following

@ApplicationScoped
public class MyService {
private @Inject User usr; /* User is RequestScoped */

}

and this MyService will first get invoked in an EJB which gets initialized at startup. At this time there is NO Request Context active!
Thus if you would require all contextual instances being created immediately, then you would get a ContextNotActiveException...

LieGrue,
strub