[cdi-dev] LifeCycle Event Callbacks and Interceptors

Jens Schumann jens.schumann at openknowledge.de
Mon May 30 18:21:20 EDT 2011

Hi all!

Recently I have noticed that OWB does not apply (class/method)
interceptors to lifecycle event callback methods. I 've chatted with Mark
and he referred me to the list. He tried to remember his research on this
topic and made the point that class interceptors should probably be
applied. However he has the feeling that pure method interceptors may not
be applied for lifecycle event callback methods since those methods are no
business methods.

It seems that neither the CDI spec nor the interceptor spec covers the
topic for all variations. After reading the interceptor spec again
(chapter "Interceptors for LifeCycle Event Callbacks") I would follow
Marks assertions.

What do you think? Is there anything missing within the CDI spec (and OWB
of course)?

Jens