[cdi-dev] CDI 1.1 EDR1 posted :-)

Rick Hightower richardhightower at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 19:55:11 EDT 2011

Word on the JavaOne street....

Section 1.2.3

*The Managed Beans specification defines the basic programming model for
application components managed by the Java EE container.*

*As defined by this specification, most Java classes, including all
JavaBeans, are managed beans. This specification defines contextual
lifecycle management and dependency injection as generic services applicable
to all....*

My understanding is that these are going away, and it is just CDI for Java
EE 7 for JSF managed beans.

Pretty sure I heard Arun Gupta say something like that in the tweetersphere
during JavaOne.....

If this is true, we should reword or delete this. Not sure exactly.. But it
seems like something needs to be here to say that JSF Managed Beans are
deprecated for CDI going forward (if that is in fact true).

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 5:21 PM, Pete Muir <pmuir at redhat.com> wrote:

> http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/ContextsAndDependencyInjection11EarlyDraftSubmitted

*Rick Hightower*
(415) 968-9037