[cdi-dev] Section 4.2 worst worded section yet.... holy moly... really?

Martin Kouba mkouba at redhat.com
Tue Oct 18 09:31:42 EDT 2011

I would not reword it but instead extend the original text with
something like Rick's proposal and beginning with "In other words...".

There may be people who already spent a lot of time trying to understand
that sentence and they would be dissapointed that their favorite
sentence disappeared and the new text to explore is here :-).

Also the meaning of the sentence is ok IMO.

Martin

Dne 18.10.2011 15:17, Pete Muir napsal(a):
> Yeah, this should be split out into lists.
>
> Can you file a CDI issue, I will try to reword without changing the meaning.
>
> On 18 Oct 2011, at 08:12, Rick Hightower wrote:
>
>> I think the gist of it is as follows:
>>
>> Inheritance of Member-level inheritance...
>>
>> •Injected fields are inherited
>> •Initializer methods, non-static observers, @PostConstruct and @PreDestroy are inherited, but can be overridden
>> •Interceptors are inherited can be overridden
>> •Producers, consumers are not inherited
>>
>> Check out this working from Section 4.2....
>>

>> "If X is a generic type, and an injection point, producer method, producer field, disposer method or observer method de- clared by X is inherited by Y, and the declared type of the injection point, producer method, producer field, disposed para- meter or event parameter contains type variables declared by X, the type of the injection point, producer method, producer field, disposed parameter or event parameter inherited in Y is the declared type, after substitution of actual type arguments declared by Y or any intermediate class that is a subclass of X and a superclass of Y."
>>

>> That is not a paragraph... that is one sentence.
>>

>> Rick Hightower
>> (415) 968-9037
>> Profile

Martin Kouba
JBoss Quality Assurance Engineer
E-mail: mkouba at redhat.com
Web: www.cz.redhat.com
Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkyn(ova 99/71, 612 45, Brno, Czech Republic