[cdi-dev] ServletContext Lifecycle and CDI Lifecycle Events

Jens Schumann jens.schumann at openknowledge.de
Wed Oct 19 02:46:45 EDT 2011

Hi All!

While creating a simple CDI demo application I have been using a
ServletContextListener to create test data in a database (using CDI and
JPA). Works as expected. While doing so I have noticed that Glassfish
3.1.1 fires the ServletContext contextInitialized event way before my CDI
AfterDeploymentValidation Extension was initialized. As far I understand
this touches an unspecified area. However I would expect that the CDI
runtime has to be initialized before issuing the context initialized event.

What do you think?

(The demo application is a simple .war application)

Jens