[cdi-dev] RequestScoped and Injection Points

John D. Ament john.d.ament at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 05:14:33 EDT 2011

Well, I think my issue as that it worked the exact way I needed it to work,
so I figured I was fine :-) .  Obviously though, I ran into some limitations
with it.

So just to bounce some ideas off you guys; what would be the correct
approach in this case? Assuming that I want it to be taken into account when
resolving injection points, do I need to gather metadata around injection
points and dynamically build producer method impl's that are generated at
deployment type via an extension that did something like:

1. Scan for any injection points that match the type(s) as well as
qualifier(s) that I am interested in.
2. Also understand the scope of the object they are being injected into.

However, it seems like producers are the one thing that you cannot register
at runtime/deployment time.  Is this a case where I would need to create
bean instances instead of producer instances?

Thanks for the help guys

John