[cdi-dev] Needed failing for JPA / EJB

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 18:49:41 EDT 2012

Note that the point here is the use of the extended persistence context
injection on a regular managed bean, not an EJB.

-Dan

p.s. This lends itself well to an Arquillian test for demonstrating the
current and desired exceptions.

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 18:37, Jason Porter <lightguard.jp at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know where this should fail, but it needs to fail somewhere, and
> if CDI isn't it, I trust there are people on this list the other EGs will
> listen to because too many of them ignore the users list, because you know,
> they're the "experts".
>
> public class EmProducer() {
>     @PersistenceContext(type = PersistenceContextType.EXTENDED)
>     EntityManager em;
>
>     @Produces @RequestScoped
>     public EntityManager getEntityManager() {
>         return em;
>     }
> }
>
> That should be a deployment exception stating it isn't valid (the
> @PersistenceContext injection).
>
> --
> Jason Porter
> http://lightguard-jp.blogspot.com
> http://twitter.com/lightguardjp
>
> Software Engineer
> Open Source Advocate
> Author of Seam Catch - Next Generation Java Exception Handling
>
> PGP key id: 926CCFF5
> PGP key available at: keyserver.net, pgp.mit.edu

Dan Allen
Registered Linux User #231597

http://google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen
http://mojavelinux.com