[cdi-dev] How to process the @ManagedBean from JEE and CDI managed bean.

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Thu Apr 26 06:00:36 EDT 2012

There is a thread on the Java EE EG to discuss the future of managed beans, and how to best unify it all.

IMO the @ManagedBean usage was a mistake, and it would have been better to just describe an abstract set of services on which other specs could build, rather than allow the user to use them directly. Our (Red Hat)'s opinion is that @ManagedBean should be deprecated in EE7.

On 24 Apr 2012, at 10:31, Mark Struberg wrote:

> Btw Hantsy,
>

> Please don't get my swearing wrong! Your question actually was very good, I did hear this one and a few others really often already.
>
> The cursing goes more into the direction of folks who add premature features to a spec without _ever_ trying to use it.

>>> Hantsy