[cdi-dev] CDI have any plan to process Transaction?

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 01:45:10 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 00:46, Mark Struberg <struberg at yahoo.de> wrote:

> +1
>
> It should also support SE and non-JTA use cases. Of course this can all be
> provided as portable CDI-Extension. So not sure if it needs to be in the
> Core Container at all.

That is a good question, and one that perhaps needs to be clarified before
we end up in round three of this "there is no general purpose declarative
transaction facility in Java EE" ordeal.

Is @Transactional going to accommodate resource-local transactions or
automatic enlistment for application-managed persistence context and data
sources?

I really think this is something that needs to be spelled out very clearly
somewhere going into EE 7. Whether it will or will not be supported, all
the use cases should be at least recognized. Otherwise, we're just in an
ivory tower again.

-Dan

--
Dan Allen