[cdi-dev] Minutes from EG meeting 20/08/2012

Mark Struberg struberg at yahoo.de
Thu Aug 23 06:50:12 EDT 2012

That sounds like a workaround for a workaround for a workaround for a ...

Reminds me to an old saying "dirty remains, while quick is long forgotten"

I still don't get the original problem. We need to go back to the original distinction of our 'XML' or other config use cases

1.) addAnnotatedType() for a class which is NOT in a BDA

2.) addAnnotatedType() for a class which IS in a BDA and should get their annotations set to a fixed specific constellation 1:1 as it is defined in the XML. All existing annotations should get replaced.

3.) ProcessAnnotatedType for a class which IS in a BDA and should get their annotations modified (You also need to further distinct between add-only and replace-by-type e.g. addQualifiers() vs setQualifiers())

4.)  addAnnotatedType() for a class which IS in a BDA, but the XML should result in an _additional_ Bean and _not_ modify the existing AnnotatedType.

And once again: we do all this stuff just because we like to get a specific Bean<T> in the end. If we discuss our goals, then the target is not to get a specific AnnotatedType but to get the final Bean<T>.

LieGrue,
strub