[cdi-dev] Scoped CDI Events?

Jens Schumann jens.schumann at openknowledge.de
Wed Aug 29 06:30:11 EDT 2012

Hi Martin,

If possible I would like to avoid immutable event objects, even though the
order of observer methods is currently undefined. I have a couple of use
cases where my event object will be modified by event observers. Two
examples:

- Execute secondary business logic after an entity was created/updated and
add details to the entity. Here we might have ordering issues. However we
did not encounter issues so far. We fire @Created or @Updated Entity
events, where my payload is the entity itself. Example: Send welcome
e-mail after a new customer was created. The primary business logic will
create the customer and fire an @Created Customer event. A
WelcomeMailObserver observes @Created Customer events, sends the e-mail
and links it to the new customer.
- Collect application wide information, e.g. statistics or health status
information. My observers simply add local statistics or local health
status details to the event object itself.

Jens