[cdi-dev] PFD submission

Mark Struberg struberg at yahoo.de
Fri Feb 22 17:02:53 EST 2013

>This change is in, and if you upgrade a schema to 1.1, by default,
it won't pick up classes without a bean defining annotation. This is
mostly covered in 12.1 and 12.4, the rest of the changes for this were
largely cosmetic or the section in chapter 2 defining a bean defining
annotation.

Hmm, I don't read 12.1 that way.  There is no single mentioning of 'Dependent' nor Scope in the whole paragraph 12! The only 'loose' grip I could find is

> Explicit bean archives may contain classes which are not deployed as beans...
> Implicit bean archives are likely to contain classes which are not deployed as beans.

But this way to unspecific for a spec imo. 'may contain' is just not enough as there is no single word about _how_ those beans shall be treated and what makes them not being picked up.

Also there is still an explicit defaulting to @Dependent scope in 2.4.4
> If the bean does not declare any stereotype with a declared default scope, the default scope for the bean is @Dependent.

There is also a mentioning of a 'bean-discovery-mode' but no whatsoever description what it means nor which values are allowed and how they behave.

I know the time is running out and you had a lot of other commitments, but I fear we have to fix a few things before we ship the final version. How much time is until the final deadline?

LieGrue,
strub