[cdi-dev] CDI 1.1 PFD submitted

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Wed Feb 27 15:16:08 EST 2013

All,

I've submitted the PFD to JCP.

Javadoc: http://docs.jboss.org/cdi/api/1.1-PFD/
Spec: http://docs.jboss.org/cdi/spec/1.1-PFD/

And the API jar is at javax.enterprise:cdi-api:1.1-PFD - currently in the JBoss repo only, but should be sync'd to central overnight.

Thanks to everyone who helped with this, in particular, I want to call out, in no particular order, and for lots of reasons, Arne Limburg, Stuart Douglas, Jozef Hartinger, Jason Greene, Mark Struberg, Joe Bergmark, JJ Snyder, Mike Brock, Martin Kouba, Fabian Marsuad, Paul Robinson, Tom Jenkinson, Jason Porter, John Ament, Marina Vatkina, Romain Manni-Bucau, Marek Schmidt, Gunnar Morling, David Blevins, Rick Hightower, Marius Bogoevici, Bill Shannon, Linda DeMichiel, Marko Luksa, Gavin King, Aslak Knutsen.

I purposefully haven't sent you a change log, as I haven't built it yet! I plan to add this, as well as @since tags, before we submit the final draft.

What happens next?

The final draft must be submitted on the 27th of March. The period between now and then is reserved for the RI and TCK teams to complete their work. With this in mind, the process for handling issues changes a bit. In order for us to address an issue, we must:

* be convinced the issue is a critical one
* not adding any major new functionality
* and most importantly, have the agreement of Martin and Jozef to include, as ultimately they must implement the change by the 27th!

So, if you do find a critical issue, please file an issue in JIRA as normal, but also raise it here, and we can discuss whether to include it.

Pete