[cdi-dev] Lifecycle Callback Interceptor and @Target "METHOD"

Marina Vatkina marina.vatkina at oracle.com
Wed Jun 19 16:07:40 EDT 2013

This is what it was in CDI 1.0:

"An interceptor for lifecycle callbacks may only declare interceptor
binding types that are defined as @Target(TYPE). If an
interceptor for lifecycle callbacks declares an interceptor binding type
that is defined @Target({TYPE, METHOD}), the container
automatically detects the problem and treats it as a definition error."

So the restriction (however too strict) didn't change.

-marina