[cdi-dev] Dynamic 'TypeLiteral' with ParameterizedType, such as Guice

Luc useyour.mind at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 11:51:10 EDT 2014

Hi,

Today I realized about the method
'javax.enterprise.inject.Instance#select(javax.enterprise.util.TypeLiteral,
java.lang.annotation.Annotation...)' [1], which whas there from 1.0 version.
After watching CDI 'TypeLiteral' implementation, came a question to mind to
me:

  Could be done the same, but *with dynamic class type building*?

And my first google search bring me to a post where a user told some of the
benefits of Guice [2] injection and dynamic types [3], which was written at
2010, and it covers exactly my actual needs.
After watching more the 'TypeLiteral' from CDI and how it is done with
Guice, I thought that could be cool to have this feature in CDI too. I know
I can do it for my own project (and I will) but I have a few questions:

  * Should I open an issue at CDI Jira? Or is more a Weld issue?
  * If the issue is open, I'd like to contribute to its development. A part
of the "easy rules" from http://www.cdi-spec.org/contribute/, what more
should I do?

Thanks!!

  [1]: