[cdi-dev] Time to start the MR
antoine at sabot-durand.net
Thu Jan 23 10:24:17 EST 2014
After resolving some misunderstanding with JCP we’re now ready to start the MR. So we can start to fix the issue list for CDI 1.2 
To be as efficient as possible in our asynchronous working mode I propose the following rules :
1. I propose that we favorite IRC over Hangout to organize our work (I lost too much time by typing meeting minutes from my hangout notes when we could have them directly from IRC meeting bot). Off course JIRA and the ML are also place to discuss about this MR content.
2. We should have an IRC meeting once a week (at the same time that we use to have the Hangout). Starting the coming monday (jan 27th) at 6:00pm CET. Off course I’ll try to be reachable on IRC as often as possible during my workday.
3. Proposed workflow on issues
- To be able to start work on an issue, Jira discussion should be closed.
- Spec leads propose a discussion closing on an issue by applying the label « Ready To Fix » and sum up the resolution choice in the comment of the issue
- Other EG member have 48 hours (2 working days) or until the next weekly meeting (whichever is shorter) to disagree (should the spec lead missed something or made a mistake in this closing).
- After this delay one of the spec leads will replace the label by a « to be assigned label »
- Issue picking is based on volunteering, so each EG member can decide to pick an issue to fix it. Assignation discussion will also take place on weekly meetings
- When the assignee start work on the issue he puts it in « in progress » state
- As usual when the work is finish a PR is sent to the spec repo for review
- PR should be added to Jira as well
- When the PR is accepted, the assigned put the issue is resolved state.
I hope this way of proceeding is ok for you all. If it’s not the case let me know.
To be efficient, I’ll start to put some issues in « Ready To Fix » state tomorrow and we will discuss about their adoption and assignation on monday meeting
More information about the cdi-dev