[cdi-dev] Destroying beans from an interceptor

Jozef Hartinger jharting at redhat.com
Fri Nov 14 04:46:50 EST 2014

On 11/14/2014 09:14 AM, Mark Struberg wrote:
> I did not say it cannot work but that it is not guaranteed to work. It's just totally up to implementation details of the container and your actual situation. Basically it's non-portable at best.
>

> E.g. consider the case that you are NOT the outermost interceptor but there are 2 other decorators and interceptors. The decorators will probably not hurt much as they are defined to be called _after_ interceptors. But if there is an interceptor in addition to yours then you will probably kill em and after returning from the chain you might end up in a dead bean (the other interceptor).
You are right Mark but I think this is not a problem of whether you call
AlterableContext.destroy() from within an interceptor or not. This is a
more general problem of destroying instances. Say you have an
intercepted @ApplicationScoped bean Foo. Thread 1 is calling an
intercepted method and is currently in the middle of the interceptor
chain. Thread 2 calls AlterableContext.destroy(Foo) in a Servlet (not
from an interceptor!). Foo is destroyed together with its interceptors
by Thread 2. Thread 1 finds itself executing a dead interceptor chain
for a destroyed bean.