[cdi-dev] [servlet-spec users] [jsr369-experts] [116-CDIRelatedBeansInServletSpec] PROPOSAL

Mark Struberg struberg at yahoo.de
Thu Nov 20 08:47:19 EST 2014

I'm not quite sure that it's worth it. The @RequestScoped and @SessionScoped are already in the CDI spec package. And as you know we must not split packages between different specs.

It would feel quite unnatural to have annotations in the CDI APIs but the description in the servlet spec. Also note that some of those scopes (mostly @RequestScoped) also get used for non-servlet tasks. E.g. java-concurrency-utils threads, @Asynchronous EJBs, JMS invocations, @PostConstruct of @Stateless @Startup beans, etc.

What we probably could add (regardless whether on CDI or Servlet side) is kind of a @WebAppScoped. This is really missing atm. But again this must also be active in e.g. JMS invocations which form kind a 'logical app'.

LieGrue,
strub