[cdi-dev] Tools : Google Drive vs Asciidoc and Github

Antoine Sabot-Durand antoine at sabot-durand.net
Fri Sep 5 06:22:26 EDT 2014

Hi all,

To pursue the discussion we had during last meeting, I really think we should use both tools for the workshop. that’s how I see things :

In early stage in the workshop the working doc is changing fast and could probably content ideas that will disappear in future version (impossible or breaking backward compatibility).
This phase needs fast collaboration between people knowing that the doc content is volatile and more in “brain storm” than in “part of the final spec” mode. For these reason I think we should set this working phase in Google Drive. It will be easier to collaborate synchronously on the doc and separate the very early draft to more advance phase.

When an agreement (we have to define that yet)  will be reached on this doc, it will be converted in Asciidoc (the plugin works nicely) and integrated to the spec website. The change will course continue but if we didn’t missed big mistake there will be less of them and they could be done thru PR.

WDYT ?

Antoine