[cdi-dev] JMS 2.1: Proposal to allow any CDI managed bean in a Java EE application to listen for JMS messages

arjan tijms arjan.tijms at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 05:07:46 EDT 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 10:11 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau
<rmannibucau at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yes, all normal scopes that are available in standard Java EE support
>> this as far as I know.
>>

> Events are not mandatory for a normal scope - at least was the case in 1.2 -
> so JMS can't rely on it for custom normal scopes.

Absolutely true, but that was exactly what I said ;)

All Java EE provided scopes throw the events. For CDI, this is
mandated by the spec (6.7) for @RequestScoped, @SessionScoped,
@ApplicationScoped and @ConversationScoped.

For JSF, at least Mojarra, @FlowScoped and @ViewScope do so too. I
have to double check whether this is actually in the spec for those
last two and if not see if we can update it for 2.3.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms