[cdi-dev] Problem with JDK8 u60 and synthesized methods for lambdas now exposing annotations

arjan tijms arjan.tijms at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 08:18:48 EDT 2015

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 9:17 AM, Jozef Hartinger <jharting at redhat.com> wrote:
> Agreed, this looks like a bug in Weld.

I checked on OWB too (using TomEE 7.0-snapshot), this time using the
reproducer as given here: https://github.com/payara/Payara/issues/407

And on OWB there did not seem to be any problems.

To double check I added another observer method to the test class that
should fail deployment, namely:

   public void foo(@Observes String someString, Integer thisshouldFail) {
        List<String> strList = Arrays.asList("s1", "s2", "s3");
        final int a = 0;
        final int b = 1;

        strList.forEach((s) -> { System.out.printf("%s - %d - %d -
%s\n", someString, a, b, s); });
    }

And that one indeed failed (as it should).

So it looks like this particular problem is localized to Weld.