[cdi-dev] Async events. We need ideas to improve CDI-499

Jozef Hartinger jharting at redhat.com
Tue Feb 10 04:30:00 EST 2015

Right, these usecases won't work together with async delivery. In an
ideal world an event payload would contain all the state possibly needed
by an observer and the payload would be documented to be fired async. In
an ideal world users would not rely on any of those bullets you wrote as
they would understand async. Same as you would not use of those bullets
in MDB's onReceive(), @Asynchronous method or Akka actor's receive(). Or
would you? Now obviously that is an ideal world far from the real one in
which this is a risk.

On the other hand, the "async switch on both sides" option, which you
prefer, is a huge barrier to adoption.

Seems that we currently have two options out of which none is a good one.