[cdi-dev] Last line before EDR review of PR 250

Antoine Sabot-Durand antoine at sabot-durand.net
Mon Jun 15 03:26:54 EDT 2015

Hi all,

Last week and this week-end I rework on CDI-499 and PR 250.

https://github.com/cdi-spec/cdi/pull/250 <https://github.com/cdi-spec/cdi/pull/250>

Correct /addition are:

- reverted fireAsync signature to add the type of the event in it
- fireAsync triggers observers and async observers
- @ObservesAsync doesn’t support transnational phase
- Security context is propagated for async observer. Transaction context is not and CDI context are not except for application context which is shared.
- Mention that container doesn’t guarantee thread safeties for payload in async observer
- Exception in async observer must be caught by the container and added as suppressed exception (thanks José for this solution) : http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/lang/Throwable.html#addSuppressed-java.lang.Throwable- <http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/lang/Throwable.html#addSuppressed-java.lang.Throwable->

Please try to give me your feedback ASAP as I’d like to release EDR in the coming days.

Remember, feature in EDR cane changed or removed during or after review, so if a point should launch a discussion we could bring change later. IF you din a big flaw in my proposal thanks to raise hand and try to propose a solution.

Antoine