[cdi-dev] Contexts behavior in SE and Async Event for EDR1

Martin Kouba mkouba at redhat.com
Fri Jun 19 03:14:16 EDT 2015

I'm in favour of having the request context active during async event
delivery. I.e. each notification will have it's own request context. The
name of the context is not perfect but it would be consistent with other
parts of the spec (@PostConstruct, EJB async, MDB, web service, ...). As
I already said - HTTP-specific contexts should not be active during
async delivery.

WRT @ThreadScoped - I don't think it's a good name. A better name would
be @TaskScoped. We have a similar context in Weld SE but it needs some
revision [1]. I'm not sure whether it would deserve to become/inspire a
new built-in context though.

Martin

[1]
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WELD-1905