[cdi-dev] On @Observes for async events

Arne Limburg arne.limburg at openknowledge.de
Wed Mar 18 04:05:30 EDT 2015

Hi to all,

I think the biggest issue with backward compatibility is, that the current
@Observes annotation by default has TransactionPhase.IN_PROGRESS.
I think we can¹t deal with this, if the default for observers would be
async. So I think there is no way to specify async as default without
loosing backward compatibility.
Any other thoughts?

Cheers,
Arne