[cdi-dev] On @Observes for async events

Arne Limburg arne.limburg at openknowledge.de
Wed Mar 18 04:30:35 EDT 2015

Hi Antoine,

The third bullet point in 10.5.1 of the CDI 1.1 spec states that the
observer method must be called in the same transaction context as the
event.fire(...) if it is no transactional observer (that is
TransactionPhase.IN_PROGRESS).
If the default behavior would be async, we would have to move the
transaction context to another thread. To my best knowledge this would be
the only situation in EE where this is the case.

Cheers,
Arne