[cdi-dev] Today's meeting --> Focus on Java SE

Antoine Sabot-Durand antoine at sabot-durand.net
Tue Mar 24 05:20:02 EDT 2015

Hi all,

We have John and Jozef proposal to discuss in https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LgsGT-AAlrF72Z5pW4xNQiVjUHGUME46ZmB-wwF35Yw/edit?usp=sharing <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LgsGT-AAlrF72Z5pW4xNQiVjUHGUME46ZmB-wwF35Yw/edit?usp=sharing> and  https://issues.jboss.org/browse/CDI-26 <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/CDI-26>

The main questions are :

- Do we eventually introduce new API as Jozef proposed ?
- Is parallel container instances a nice to have feature ?
- Are we sure we don’t expose hook for service (like JTA) to standardize integration of these ?
- Do we want to propose Servlet integration as well in the spec ?
- Are this choice not preventing a future context control API ?

That’s the points I’d like to deal with. If you have others, please let me know.

If we have spare time we’ll deal with Early Draft release and Async Events.

Regards,

Antoine