[cdi-dev] Adding / vetoing CDI extensions programmatically

Antonin Stefanutti antonin at stefanutti.fr
Fri Oct 2 05:20:53 EDT 2015

On 02 Oct 2015, at 10:54, Antoine Sabot-Durand <antoine at sabot-durand.net<mailto:antoine at sabot-durand.net>> wrote:

Now this doesn't solve the problem for existing version : no obvious way to remove a 2.0 extension in 1.2 code…

I thought about that too and, in my use case at least, that would be fine if:
- Extension for CDI version < 2.0 use the default service provider mechanism,
- Extension for CDI version >= 2.0 does not use the service provider mechanism,
- In CDI runtime version >= 2.0 the old version is deactivated programatically while the new version is added programmatically.