[cdi-dev] Adding Lambdas as CDI beans

John D. Ament john.d.ament at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 09:03:51 EDT 2015

Sven,

I'm a little curious, why do they need to avoid serializable contexts?  In
all honesty, I use app scoped functions, predicates in my code, at least in
a couple of places.  Lambdas are specifically meant for operations, not
data, so they should be in a highly reusable scope (in my opinion at least).

On the flip side, I have a hard time justifying needing to provide
injectable beans for lambdas since good encapsulation should indicate
they're only used in a single spot.

John