[cdi-dev] [Vote] for CDI-616 resolution

Tomas Remes tremes at redhat.com
Thu Aug 4 03:58:03 EDT 2016

a)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Antoine Sabot-Durand" <antoine at sabot-durand.net>
To: "cdi-dev" <cdi-dev at lists.jboss.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 11:21:04 AM
Subject: [cdi-dev] [Vote] for CDI-616 resolution

Hi all,

During yesterday(s meeting we discussed how to solve CDI-616 issue.
2 options are possible but we didn't find an agreement, so the best solution here would be to vote.

Options are:

a) Do nothing about injection in transient fields (todays behaviour) but add a clarification in the spec saying that using them is not supported.
b) Throw an exception at boot time if a transient field is an injection point.

To vote, just answer to this mail with the letter of your vote. Vote will last 72 hrs from the hour of this mail.

Thank you,

Antoine

Note that for all code provided on this list, the provider licenses the code under the Apache License, Version 2 (http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html). For all other ideas provided on this list, the provider waives all patent and other intellectual property rights inherent in such information.

--
Tomas Remes