[cdi-dev] [Vote] for CDI-527 / PR 271 allow proxying of classes with non-private final methods

Mark Struberg struberg at yahoo.de
Fri Feb 12 11:23:38 EST 2016

Sure, that might probably be a viable way to do it.

Oki, here are the two use cases which we need to solve:

1.)
@Produces
@ApplicationScoped
public SomeWeirdThirdPartyClassWithFinalMethods createIt() {return …};

2.)
@ApplicationSCoped
public class MySubclass extends SomeWeirdThirdPartyClassWithFinalMethods {}

Any other use case?

Can you please elaborate how your idea will look like? Just a few ideas so we can get it running.

txs and LieGrue,
strub

PS: Again: I’m NOT interested to get my approach in. All I’m interested in is a _solution_ for this real world problem. But there was simply no alternative proposed so far…