[cdi-dev] 'implicit bean' definition, section 2.5.1

Mark Struberg struberg at yahoo.de
Tue Jun 7 00:53:27 EDT 2016

Oki, txs. I can follow the explanation - but the result still sounds awesome wrong ;)
The _archive_ is implicit, but the beans inside it are imo not.

A class with @RequestScoped is pretty much as explicit about it’s ‚bean-ness‘ as it can get ;)

Without your explanation I would have guessed that an ‚Implicit Bean‘ is everything which gets a @Dependent scope by rule. E.g. Interceptors, Decorators and classes which become auto-dependent.
I’d rather have argued that „if a java archive contains an explicit Bean then the archive becomes an Implicit Bean Archive“
But not sure we can change this now.

LieGrue,
strub