[cdi-dev] CDI-30 hangout meeting

Martin Kouba mkouba at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 04:41:45 EDT 2016

Any day except for Friday is ok for me.

I have a feeling that it will be a tough discussion ;-)

What I particularly dislike:
* ActiveContext.associate(Thread thread)
* the concept of the context id
* scopeType as a method param (I would prefer a specific method/class
for each supported scope)

Anyway, if you look at Weld Context Management API [1] you'll find out
that it's pretty powerful but also quite complex. And I don't believe we
will be able to achieve the same level of funcionality with less complex
API (without sacrificing correctness).

Martin

[1]
http://docs.jboss.org/weld/reference/latest/en-US/html/contexts.html#_managing_the_built_in_contexts

Dne 21.6.2016 v 09:22 Mark Struberg napsal(a):
> Somewhen this week in the evening (CEST).
> I’ll have a low availability for the following 2 weeks.

>> Am 20.06.2016 um 16:55 schrieb Antoine Sabot-Durand <antoine at sabot-durand.net>:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We launched the idea to organize a meeting regarding John's proposal regarding CDI-30:
>> https://github.com/cdi-spec/cdi/pull/291
>>
>> I wasn't available last week (going to a conference) but I am this week.
>>
>> So what are your favorite slots for this meeting ?
>>
>> Antoine
>>
>> Note that for all code provided on this list, the provider licenses the code under the Apache License, Version 2 (http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html). For all other ideas provided on this list, the provider waives all patent and other intellectual property rights inherent in such information.

Martin Kouba
Software Engineer
Red Hat, Czech Republic