[cdi-dev] async: back to completion future?

Mark Struberg struberg at yahoo.de
Mon Mar 7 10:15:09 EST 2016

> Am 07.03.2016 um 09:03 schrieb Martin Kouba <mkouba at redhat.com>:
>
> You call it "awesome idea", I agree that this feature makes sense, but I
> call it "manipulative approach". It was implemented before the EG was
> able to decide. The same for CDI-527 - OWB has a config property
> "javax.enterprise.inject.allowProxying.classes"

Come on Martin, don’t be unfair. How long has this been discussed? Read the original ticket and discussions for bean-discovery-mode where I explained it already. That was almost 4 years ago.
But instead the ‚annotated‘ mode got favoured and as it turned out is not that useful in real world because it messes up most Extensions.
Can we please do it RIGHT now? What’s the problem?

LieGrue,
strub