[cdi-dev] async: back to completion future?

Martin Kouba mkouba at redhat.com
Mon Mar 7 10:36:43 EST 2016

Dne 7.3.2016 v 16:15 Mark Struberg napsal(a):

>> Am 07.03.2016 um 09:03 schrieb Martin Kouba <mkouba at redhat.com>:
>>
>> You call it "awesome idea", I agree that this feature makes sense, but I
>> call it "manipulative approach". It was implemented before the EG was
>> able to decide. The same for CDI-527 - OWB has a config property
>> "javax.enterprise.inject.allowProxying.classes"
>

> Come on Martin, don’t be unfair. How long has this been discussed? Read the original ticket and discussions for bean-discovery-mode where I explained it already. That was almost 4 years ago.
> But instead the ‚annotated‘ mode got favoured and as it turned out is not that useful in real world because it messes up most Extensions.
> Can we please do it RIGHT now? What’s the problem?

I'm sorry, I know the issue was created long time ago (05/Feb/14 5:51
PM). Altough it wasn't discussed thorougly - but that's not your fault
of course. Again, I don't say it's a bad idea (I like it actually). I
just don't like the way you're pushing your opinions (e.g. we did not
agreed on the name and bang... OWB acts as if the PR was merged).