[cdi-dev] Merging JSR-330 into CDI

Mark Struberg struberg at yahoo.de
Sun Mar 20 04:14:15 EDT 2016

I'll give you an example:

Currently many specs refer to atinject but also to CDI, because they need to use @Nonbinding (e.g. in Qualifiers).

Thus Antoine and I asked the atinject EG whether they might introduce a @Nonbinding annotation. During that I learned that annotations not available on the classpath will _not_ blow up but simply don't appear at Runtime in Class#getAnnotations() etc.

Means if you don't have the cdi-api.jar on your classpath the @Nonbinding annotation just doesn't show up at Runtime.

Since Spring and Guice seems to not need this feature it's all fine from a CDI pov.

Imagine what it would have meant to us if we would have got a second @Nonbinding in the javax.inject packgae: we would have to duplicate all the code which currently handling @Nonbinding.

And that was actually the most important requirement the CDI EG came up for atinject in the last 7 years.

Thus before we continue any discussions and further rouse people I like to see clear ideas WHAT you like to get changed in atinject.

LieGrue,
strub