[cdi-dev] CDI events in .ear packaged application

sverker sverker at abrahamsson.com
Tue Nov 29 06:18:08 EST 2016

Hi
I'm trying to solve an issue with CDI usage in Apache Camel where I was
suggested to use CDI Events to configure the context behavior. This works
fine in the testcases packaged as .jar or .war, but when I try to use it in
my application that is packaged as an .ear then it doesn't work. The event
is never received.

When I search on this issue it appears to be due to classloader boundary and
that CDI events won't be carried over them. I had a similar problem before
in the application which I solved by using a JMS topic instead but can't do
that now.

Anybody knows a way to make CDI events work in an .ear packaged application
deployed on Wildfly 10.1 application server?

Link to the ticket for Apache Camel: