[cdi-dev] What to do to move CDI-30/PR 296 Forward

Mark Struberg struberg at yahoo.de
Wed Sep 7 16:08:03 EDT 2016

We have been burning our brains over this very topic, but it doesn't yet feel sound. So I guess we will give it another few days/weeks to tinker with it.

The main downside of this api is that it's actually only useful for the request context and only in SE. But we still add an API which looks to the user as it could use it for e.g. the ConversationContext, or existing servlet requests etc. It's complicated...

I think we will first incorporate the parts which we found really nice solutions for.

* Interceptor/Decorator for producer methods and custom Bean<T> implementations
* bean-discovery without automatically picking up all classes as @Dependent
* A few other minor tickets

Should not take that long. After that we will have to tackle CDI-30 for sure.

LieGrue,
strub