[cdi-dev] CDI.current() in AfterDeploymentValidation

John Ament john.ament at spartasystems.com
Sun Apr 2 22:36:11 EDT 2017

So I know during the reception of AfterDeploymentValidation, the container isn't fully bootstrapped.  However, its valid to look up beans.  I would therefore expect that CDI.current().select()... to work fine.  However, at least in Weld it doesn't.  This is because CDI.current() cannot figure out what container to use (it's not fully bootstrapped yet).  So my question - is this a Weld issue, or a spec clarification?

John

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information which should be treated accordingly. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this message, and destroy all physical and electronic copies. Thank you.