[cdi-dev] Identify a Bean as synthetic?

Martin Kouba mkouba at redhat.com
Fri Feb 24 02:27:55 EST 2017

Dne 23.2.2017 v 21:41 Laird Nelson napsal(a):
> I haven't thought this through yet but I wonder if it would be helpful
> to mark a Bean as synthetic or not—i.e. discovered by means of the
> "normal" bean discovery process, or programmatically added by a portable
> extension.

I'm not sure it's worth specification. As Matej mentioned the
ProcessSyntheticBean event should do the trick.

 From the impl point of view, it would be easier to mark the
"discovered" beans, ie. implement some marker interface - for synthetic
beans the container would have to wrap the provided Bean impls.

> I was mentally working through what it might take to write up a sort of
> CDI reporting mechanism—something that would report on what beans where
> found, where they came from, what interceptors are enabled and why, etc.
> etc. etc. and realized one axis of this would be whether a portable
> extension was involved with certain beans or not.

Something like Weld Probe [1], cdeye [2] or VisualEE [3]?