[cdi-dev] ProcessAnnotatedType & Bean Discovery mode

John Ament john.ament at spartasystems.com
Sun Jul 23 08:32:03 EDT 2017

Hi,

An issue popped up in OWB wanted to get the EG's perspective on this.

I have a given bean archive, with a class in it (no bean defining annotations).  My interpretation of [1] and [2] is that this class is fired as a ProcessAnnotatedType, regardless of what is in beans.xml.  In OWB, if I do bean-discovery-mode=annotated it does not get fired, but if it is all, even with a <trim/> a PAT gets fired.  However it seems that it should get fired before anything is even considered about the class, and whether it has annotations.

[1]: https://docs.jboss.org/cdi/spec/1.2/cdi-spec.html#process_annotated_type

[2]: https://docs.jboss.org/cdi/spec/2.0/cdi-spec.html#process_annotated_type

John

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information which should be treated accordingly. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this message, and destroy all physical and electronic copies. Thank you.