[cdi-dev] Is InterceptionFactory a built in bean?

John Ament john.ament at spartasystems.com
Mon Mar 6 06:40:33 EST 2017

Gotcha, makes sense.

________________________________
From: Martin Kouba <mkouba at redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, March 6, 2017 3:28 AM
To: John Ament; cdi-dev
Subject: Re: [cdi-dev] Is InterceptionFactory a built in bean?

Dne 5.3.2017 v 19:20 John Ament napsal(a):
> All,
>

> I don't see it explicitly called out in the spec, but should I be able
> to do this? CDI.current().select(InterceptionFactory.class).get()  -
> e.g. is it a a bean, or can I only access it as a producer method or via
> BeanManager.createInterceptionFactory() ?

There is a built-in bean of type InterceptionFactory (as defined in
11.7. The InterceptionFactory interface), but you can only inject it in
a param of a producer method:

"If an injection point of type InterceptionFactory and qualifier
@Default exists and is not a parameter of a producer method, the
container automatically detects the problem and treats it as a
definition error."

> Also, I found in the 2.0 beta 1 spec the following:
>

> public interface InterceptionFactory<T> {
>     InterceptionProxyFactory<T> ignoreFinalMethods();
>
> I believe InterceptionProxyFactory should be replaced
> with InterceptionFactory, if we haven't already fixed this.
>

> John

> NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments may contain
> confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information which should be
> treated accordingly. If you are not the intended recipient, please
> notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this message, and
> destroy all physical and electronic copies. Thank you.

Martin Kouba
Senior Software Engineer
Red Hat, Czech Republic