[cdi-dev] CDI context propagation? Maybe in MP Concurrency...

Matej Novotny manovotn at redhat.com
Fri Oct 5 04:09:36 EDT 2018

Hi all,

you may or may not have noticed MicroProfile Concurrency spec (MP Conc) which recently came into existence.
The reason why I am bringing this up is CDI context propagation - a topic which, among others, they aim to address in MP Conc spec.
I know this was discussed several times within CDI spec and was declined/deferred and probably with good reasons too ;)

However, now it seems that they are seeking to push this forward and provide some support for it.
And because CDI spec offers pretty much no limitations/guidelines to context propagation, the expectations will have to be baked into MP Conc spec.

Therefore we, as in CDI-folks, should probably keep an eye on that, provide feedback, use cases, corner cases etc.
Basically help shape it somewhat, as later on this may make it's way even into CDI spec itself.

So if any of you are interested in this topic, here is a bunch of links:
GH link - https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-concurrency
Gitter - https://gitter.im/eclipse/microprofile-concurrency
MP mtgs calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=gbnbc373ga40n0tvbl88nkc3r4%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=GMT

Best regards