[dna-dev] Latest status

Randall Hauch rhauch at redhat.com
Fri Apr 25 14:59:18 EDT 2008

It looks like we're progressing nicely for the 0.1 release, which I
hope will occur next week.  The last big item is the Getting Started
document, which I'm working on now.  That document will (among other
things) walk through an example that uses the sequencing framework
with an existing JCR repository, and how to write and use a
sequencer.  I'll be looking for some reviewers next week.

We've recently added a mailing list for automatic notification of SVN
commits (dna-commits at lists.jboss.org), another for JIRA issue changes (dna-issues at lists.jboss.org
), and a third for announcements (dna-announce at lists.jboss.org).  For
the complete list, see http://www.jboss.org/dna/lists.html.

Also, we have Hudson running continuous integration jobs, and the
results are available at http://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/DNA%20continuous%20on%20JDK1.5/
.  Hudson polls SVN (about every 15 minutes), and if there are changes
it will do "mvn package" to build all the projects and run the unit
tests.  Note that the unit tests in the "dna-integration-tests"
project are now run only during the "integration-test" phase, which we
run during our nightly build in Hudson (results are available at http://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/DNA%20nightly%20integration%20on%20JDK1.5/)
.  Right now I've configured these jobs to email this list with any
failed builds; hope that's okay.

Finally, if you haven't taken a look at JIRA lately, please look at
our roadmap (http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/DNA?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel
).  The next release will be focusing on the federation engine and
additional sequencers.  Please pass any thoughts along to this list.

More to come next week!

Randall