[dna-dev] JDBC metadata connector

Randall Hauch rhauch at redhat.com
Mon Dec 8 09:35:29 EST 2008

Sergiy,

Have you considered using Hibernate's metadata framework?  Considering
that Hibernate has verified and tested support for 25 database
management systems, it may very well be worth our while to simply
reuse what they have for extracting metadata.  I would think this
approach might offer the broadest coverage with a very small amount of
simple code.  Basically, we'd just need to get the list of tables
through JDBC metadata, and then we'd be able to call Hibernate's
framework to load each table (which already handles all the foreign
key functionality).

Thoughts?

Best regards,

Randall