[dna-dev] DNA SPI changes

Randall Hauch rhauch at redhat.com
Tue May 27 16:07:23 EDT 2008

I've merged the latest state of the 'federation' branch back onto
trunk.  This consists almost entirely of additions, with most of them
pertaining to working with properties and property values.

The main reason for this was that we've gotten some feedback from
people working on new sequencers, and the SPI being developed on the
federation branch had enough benefits to warrant using them in the
sequencing framework.  For example, one requested change (http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/DNA-77
) is to add more methods so StreamSequencer implementations can record
properties using paths and the actual data types (without having to
convert to Strings).  There are also a few bugs with the
'org.jboss.dna.common.jcr.Path' class used by several of the existing
sequencers, which has been removed and replaced with an interface and
implementation in the new SPI.

Needless to say, there will be in the near future some good
improvements coming to the SequencerOutput interface, and the existing
sequencers will be changed to take advantage of these.

Randall