[dna-dev] dna-jcr-gen - goal is to generate realistic and mass of test data for your system under test

Serge Emmanuel Pagop serge.pagop at innoq.com
Wed Aug 19 16:40:16 EDT 2009

Hi altogether,

I start a small module dna-jcr-gen into the utils folder from the dna
parent project and the goal of the module is to help jcr developer for
generation of realistic and mass of data the system unter test.
dna-jcr-gen may also have to feature to export the generated content
to XML (Randall's wish) and my opinions are dna-jcr-gen can also use
during intergration testing and for performance testing.
Your Advise is welcome and already start a discussion with Randal
today and here is the copy of our discussion from #IRC client

sp__:Hi Randall!
[8:30pm]rhauch__:Hi, Serge!  How are things going?
[8:30pm]sp__:rhauch__: great
[8:30pm]sp__:rhauch__: and you?
[8:32pm]sp__:rhauch: just inform me, if you get the email
[8:33pm]rhauch:what else is going on?
[8:34pm]sp__:rhauch: have you already take a look on the dna-jrc-gen
module?
[8:34pm]rhauch:no, not yet.  i'm almost finished with this irritating
import issue.  then i'll have a clean workspace and i'll take a look.
[8:35pm]sp__:rhauch: because I also need some advise, how we can make
that more dynamic
[8:36pm]rhauch:ah, okay.  more dynamic ... meaning more easily used,
or more dynamically varying data?
[8:36pm]rhauch:or other?
[8:36pm]sp__:rhauch: I mean easily used