[errai-dev] responsive layout

Jonathan Fuerth jfuerth at redhat.com
Thu Dec 20 09:17:25 EST 2012

On 2012-12-20, at 5:14 AM, Erik Jan de Wit wrote:

>> One thing I definitely did run into with Bootstrap was that it's super-awkward to use their jQuery addons in an ErraiUI project. All of the CSS is reusable, but the logic in the plugin is difficult to include and invoke in a natural way. I ended up recreating the popover plugin code in the Grocery List demo:
>>

> Couldn't you use JSNI or gwtquery for that? I guess making something like a component for this is then going to be more of a mis direction.

Yes, you definitely can. What I couldn't figure out was a *nice* way of arranging everything while still using the Bootstrap-provided jQuery plugin. It all became pleasant to use again when I reimplemented the behaviour in plain GWT.

So far we've avoided getting into the "here's a set of widgets" game because there are so many widgets for GWT already. I just brought this up because you were suggesting to make some Bootstrap-specific widgets (the row/column/responsive table ones) and I thought the Bootstrap jQuery widgets were a closely related idea. :)

-Jonathan