[esb-dev] code style

Kevin Conner kconner at redhat.com
Thu Apr 19 00:50:00 EDT 2007

Bill Burke wrote:
> Anyway we can do a code style global fix?  Its just a right click on the
> top directory in Intellij.

As it is in eclipse but I would be willing to bet that our formatting
rules are different to yours ;-)

In all seriousness we have had this conversation before.  The outcome of
the conversation was to leave any formatting as is, i.e. to *not*
reformat the code unless you are actually replacing it.  We did agree on
some rules for formatting but I can't find the email atm.

IIRC some of the rules include, spaces instead of tabs, four spaces
instead of three (which some code uses), curly brackets on new lines for
most scenarios.

The maven build system for 5 will enforce a coding style, among other
things, as well as setting up the appropriate eclipse formatting for the
workspace.  No idea what would be required to do this for Intellij but
we should look into this at the same time.

I'm sure this conversation will resurrect itself at that point and, no
doubt, at many more.

	Kev

--
JBoss, a Division of Red Hat